- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (minced)
- 2 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 2 cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup water or chicken/vegetable stock
- 8 ounce goat cheese (chevre, room temperature)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (stems removed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat add the olive oil, onion, and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the onion is starting to soften.
- Add the cumin, mix into the onion and garlic, then add the chipotle pepper and adobo sauce. Cook for another minute before adding the black beans and liquid (water or stock).
- Bring to a simmer, add the lime juice and goat cheese, stir until the cheese has melted, and then use an immersion blender to blend it smooth. Bring to a simmer again, and add more liquid to reach your desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and add the lime juice, cilantro, and salt to taste.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips!