- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 can (14 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels, cooked
- 2/3 cup pineapple chunks
- 2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprica
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt + pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups shrimp
- Rinse the quinoa with cold water, and cook according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, combine the black beans, diced bell pepper, corn, and pineapple in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine all of the spices, mixing well. Add to a skillet over medium heat along with the olive oil. Mix to make a paste, then add the shrimp.*
- Cook until the shrimp are opaque.
- Mix the quinoa together with the vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve the shrimp over the quinoa.
If you have time, you can mix the spices, olive oil, and shrimp together early to marinade the shrimp. Put them all in a plastic bag and refrigerate for however long you’ll marinade (1-12 hours).