- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Juice of one Lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1 large zucchini)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter a large loaf pan, or two small loaf pans, and line with buttered parchment.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated between each.
- Add the sour cream, and mix until incorporated.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the zucchini, then add it to the batter. Fold to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda before adding to the wet mixture. Mix to combine, taking care to not over-mix.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes before running a knife around the edges, and gently pulling out to cool on a rack.
- When fully cooled, mix the cream cheese, lemon juice, and powdered sugar together to make a glaze. Pour or spread over the cake.