- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup mint chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the egg, sugar, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand-mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat, on high, for 15 minutes or until mixture is very pale and fluffy.
- While the eggs and sugar are beating, combine 7 oz of the chocolate with the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between, until completely melted. Alternatively, do this on a stovetop over low heat.
- Let the chocolate cool until the egg and sugar mixture is ready.
- Gently add the chocolate mixture, flour, baking powder, and remaining chocolate to the egg mixture. Fold until completely combined. Let the mixture sit for at least 15 minutes before proceeding.
- Scoop 1/8 cup balls of batter onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the top is cracked and not wet. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before removing from the baking sheet.
- To make the filling, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Melt the mint chips in 30 second increments until fully melted, then mix into the butter.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Pipe the frosting between to similarly-sized cookies, and gently press together.