- 3/4 cup water heated to 115°
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 1/4 tsp dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- melted ghee and cilantro for garnishing (optional)
- Stir together the water and honey before adding the yeast. Let the yeast proof until foamy (about 10 minutes).
- Combine the flour, yogurt, melted butter, salt, and yeast mixture and stir to combine (or use a stand mixer with a dough hook). Continue to mix until smooth (about 5 minutes). This dough will be VERY wet and almost paste-like — THIS IS OKAY. Do not expect to be able to work it with your hands.
- Cover, and let rise until doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- When the dough has risen, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 10 equal pieces. Again, this dough is very wet. It should be workable, but handle it carefully. Gently shape the dough into balls, then roll out into 1/4" thick rounds.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the rounds one at a time. Cook on the first side until bubbles appear, then flip and cook for another minute. After both sides are cooked in the pan, use tongs to cook the naan over an open gas flame until puffed and charred (about 30 seconds each side).
- Immediately brush with ghee, if using, garnish with cilantro, and set aside. Repeat until all naan has been cooked.