This quick, easy, chicken dinner is bathed in a flavorful garlic, thyme, butter and white wine sauce. This is sure to impress, and only takes 30 minutes!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper
- 5 Tbsp butter*
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 handfuls spinach (chopped if they're huge pieces)
- Season the chicken breasts with the paprika, rubbing it evenly over both sides. Also season with salt and pepper — about 1/4 tsp each.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add the chicken breasts. Cook on the first side for three minutes (or until crisping and golden), flip, and turn the heat down to medium, or slightly less. Let cook for another three minutes before adding the remaining butter, thyme and garlic.
- Cook, stirring the thyme and garlic around, for about 2 minutes before adding the wine.
- Bring the wine to a gentle simmer and let cook for 20 minutes. It will reduce, so add more if necessary.
- Add the spinach, and let wilt fully. Season with salt and pepper, make sure the chicken is done, and serve with a grain of your choice.
*You could use olive oil in place of some or all of the butter here. I've done this dish using about 1/2 and 1/2.