If you like this recipe, take a look at:
- Indian Butter Chicken
- Coconut-Lime Chicken
- Kale Bell Pepper Chicken with White Wine and Garlic
- Brie, Basil, and Kale Stuffed Baked Chicken
Let’s all go ahead and give me a big pat on the back, because last week I went for like TEN DAYS without watching any TV. TEN DAYS! Huge. Good job, Mary! Now I’ll admit that it’s because Hulu was being fussy and realized I’m not in the USA, and it took me a while to figure out a way around it. That, and our internet has been terrible. BUT STILL! TEN DAYS! I’m not sure why I have so much shame around my TV-watching — isn’t it about time I just accept it and not beat myself up for loving it so much? Yeah, probably. But I’m not quite there yet.
Now that I’m back on the TV-watching train, which includes my usuals like Grey’s and Revenge and Modern Family and Scandal (yes, I am a stereotypical 20-something tv-watcher), I am HOOKED on The Mindy Project! Seriously. HILARIOUS. Also, Mindy is the bomb. She’s such a confident, yet still realistically normal, successful, hilarious woman. I want to be her when I grow up! I’m only part of the way through season two, but I’m working quickly (e.g. not getting any work done) and am sure I’ll be caught up soon. Maybe I should start a TV blog? I’ve seriously considered it… but again: SHAME. Do you guys feel this much guilt when you watch TV? Or maybe you’re all superior human beings who don’t actually watch TV. In that case: HOW DO YOU DO IT!? I love the outdoors just as much as the next person, but I also really, really, REALLY, love my bed. And I can only read for so many hours each day.
Watching The Mindy Project, though, really makes me want to live in New York City. I’m 99% sure I will never actually live in New York City, but you do remember when we visited in September, right? I was like ‘OMG THIS CITY IS AMAZING!’ and now this show confirms it. Because TV is obviously so realistic. And I could totally afford Mindy’s beautiful apartment and extensive wardrobe and fancy meals out. Totally. OOOH TV. Making unrealistic lives seem normal! Herein lies the issue with TV, I suppose!
Who wants an easy/pretty/yummy/GARLICKY chicken recipe? You’re in the right place. This dish could not be more simple: rub some chicken with paprika and salt, cook it up, add lots of fresh thyme, garlic, butter, and white wine. Cook it all down into a yummy sauce, with some seriously moist chicken, add the spinach and BOOM: you’ve got dinner! Use a nice dry white for a good tang in the sauce, and don’t skimp on the butter. Really. You KNOW I’m all about the butter, lately!
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! We’re heading back up the mountains (different ones this time!) to see volcanoes and lakes and sunrises, etc. You know where to follow along! See you Sunday with #DROOLWORTHY!Print
This quick, easy, chicken dinner is bathed in a flavorful garlic, thyme, butter and white wine sauce. This is sure to impress, and only takes 30 minutes!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper
- 5 Tbsp butter*
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 handfuls spinach (chopped if they’re huge pieces)
- Season the chicken breasts with the paprika, rubbing it evenly over both sides. Also season with salt and pepper — about 1/4 tsp each.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add the chicken breasts. Cook on the first side for three minutes (or until crisping and golden), flip, and turn the heat down to medium, or slightly less. Let cook for another three minutes before adding the remaining butter, thyme and garlic.
- Cook, stirring the thyme and garlic around, for about 2 minutes before adding the wine.
- Bring the wine to a gentle simmer and let cook for 20 minutes. It will reduce, so add more if necessary.
- Add the spinach, and let wilt fully. Season with salt and pepper, make sure the chicken is done, and serve with a grain of your choice.
*You could use olive oil in place of some or all of the butter here. I’ve done this dish using about 1/2 and 1/2.