A light but rich and creamy appetizer, the pear and sage combination make these crostinis irresistible
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided (or olive oil)
- 3 ripe pears, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 whole wheat baguette, sliced
- 5 fresh sage leaves, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Spread each slice with a thin layer of butter or olive oil.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (until toasted) on a cookie sheet.
- In a frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and cook pears with salt for about 6 minutes – until soft and warmed through.
- Remove from heat, drain excess liquid, then mix with chopped sage.
- Top toasted bread with pear mixture and crumbled blue cheese. Finish with fresh ground black pepper, and olive oil if desired.