- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, whole
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line and butter a 9x5" loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk together and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, melted butter, sugars, and buttermilk. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking to fully incorporate. Add the vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, along with the chopped pecans. Mix until combined, but take care to not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and top with the whole pecan halves. Bake for 65-75 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out dry. If the top is browning too quickly, tent with foil until the cake is done.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a cooling rack.