- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 bunch chopped kale, stems removed
- 6 oz rice noodles
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- sriracha sauce for serving (optional)
- chopped cilantro for serving (optional)
- In a heavy soup pot, heat the sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and salt, and cook until the chicken is no longer visibly pink (it does not need to be done all the way through).
- Add the chicken stock, jalapeño, green onions, and kale. Cook for 15 minutes, or until chicken is fully done.
- In a separate pot, bring water to a boil and cook rice noodles according to directions.
- Drain the noodles and then add them, along with soy sauce, fish sauce, and rice vinegar, to the soup.
- Add salt as needed, although you will likely not need to add much.
- Top with sriracha and chopped cilantro.