- 1 pie crust
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2" pieces
- Crumb Topping
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Roll our your pie crust and fit it to a 9" pie pan, then place in the freezer.
- Whisk together the sugar, flour, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour the cut rhubarb into the prepared pie crust, and then pour the egg and flour mixture over the rhubarb.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 350F and bake for 30 more minutes.
- While the pie is baking, prepare the crumble topping. Whisk together the sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping over the pie, and return to the oven for another 15 minutes. The top should be slightly browned, and the center of the pie should still have some wobble to it — but the edges should be set.
- Remove the pie and allow to cool a bit before serving.