- 15-20 tomatillos, sliced in half
- 4 jalapeños, top stem cut off
- 5 whole garlic gloves, peeled
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- salt & pepper
- Turn your oven broiler on high and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange the tomatillos (cut side down), jalapeños, and garlic cloves on the foil and place about 4" under the broiler. Let cook for 4-6 minutes, or until the skins on the tomatillos are starting to blacken.
- Remove from the heat and transfer (along with all juices on the foil) to a blender. Add the onion, lime juice, and cilantro. Blend until mostly smooth, and add salt & pepper to taste.