- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 handful asparagus (10 stalks? however much you think you'll eat!)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tsp fresh oregano leaves
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of toast
- salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh parmesan
- In one skillet over moderately high heat, melt 1/2 Tbsp butter. Add the asparagus, the garlic, and the oregano.
- In a separate skillet over moderately high heat, melt at least 1 1/2 Tbsp of butter. Get the skillet nice and hot before cracking the eggs into it. Let them sizzle away, while you stir the asparagus and start the toast.
- The asparagus only needs to cook for about 4 minutes, and the eggs are done when the whites are set and the yolks are still runny. Butter the toast, salt & pepper everything, grate a little parmesan on top, and serve with coffee!