Despite the moaning and groaning I do upon having to get out of bed in the mornings, I’ve been really enjoying mornings lately. Mostly, the routine of cooking something tasty to eat along with my coffee while I snuggle in something warm, looking out at the foggy, cool mornings we’ve had lately. I LOVE them. Even thought it’s been really warm during the days, the mornings are still misty and cold and PERFECT!
I posted the photo above on instagram on Saturday and received a bajillion messages asking about the recipe — here you go. Super simple. SUPER simple. Saute some asparagus (with butter and garlic and fresh oregano!), fry some eggs (in butter over moderately high heat for some CRISP!), and just add toast! And coffee. Seriously, 5 minutes. #easybreakfast
The only downside to these mellow mornings, is that I want to curl up on the couch and read all day long … but I’ve yet to find a way to pay my bills by reading. Any tips on that one? I’m all ears!
Have a wonderful week! xoxoPrint
- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 handful asparagus (10 stalks? however much you think you’ll eat!)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tsp fresh oregano leaves
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of toast
- salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh parmesan
- In one skillet over moderately high heat, melt 1/2 Tbsp butter. Add the asparagus, the garlic, and the oregano.
- In a separate skillet over moderately high heat, melt at least 1 1/2 Tbsp of butter. Get the skillet nice and hot before cracking the eggs into it. Let them sizzle away, while you stir the asparagus and start the toast.
- The asparagus only needs to cook for about 4 minutes, and the eggs are done when the whites are set and the yolks are still runny. Butter the toast, salt & pepper everything, grate a little parmesan on top, and serve with coffee!