- Black Bean Cakes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Green Onion Cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Avocado Salsa
- 1 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1 cup diced plum tomato
- 4 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a food processor, combine salsa, cumin, salt, and black beans. Run until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup bread crumbs and green onions.
- Put the other 1/2 cup of bread crumbs in a shallow dish or plate. By hand (wet hands are best), form bean mixture into patties 1/2 inch thick, then dip each side in the bread crumbs before placing on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 14-16 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- To prepare the toppings, simply combine the sour cream with the green onions in one bowl, and the avocado, tomato, and lime juice in another bowl.
- Serve hot or cold with generous amounts of both toppings.