- 1/8 lb. ground chorizo without casing (about 1/2 of one sausage)
- 2 cups torn raw kale leaves (one big handful)
- salt & pepper
- 2–3 eggs*
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 green onion, white and green parts sliced thinly
- 2 oz. grated Gruyere, divided
- 1 mini baguette
- Preheat the oven to 400F and lightly butter a small oven-safe dish.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook the chorizo. Break it into small pieces with your spatula as you cook, until it is fully browned. Add the kale, and cook until wilted (2 minutes). Remove from heat.
- In a separate dish, whisk the eggs and milk together. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, 3/4 of the green onion (all of the white, just save some green for the garnish), and half of the grated cheese. Whisk that all together, then add the chorizo/kale, stir, and pour into your prepared dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese, and bake for 20-25 minutes. The frittata will puff up, so leave room in the dish to allow for expansion!
- Serve immediately garnished with the remaining green onion and some bread.
I say 2-3 eggs because this will depend on the size of your dish, and your hunger! I’ve done it with both, and loved it both times!