- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 small shallots (or 1/4 white onion)
- 2 jalapeños
- 2 (14 oz) cans of refried beans
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine garlic, shallots, and jalapeños together in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add spices to your desired flavor (sometimes I add garlic powder, or olive oil for a thinner consistency).
- Serve with tortilla chips.