- 2 large garlic cloves
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups bread cubes from stale (dry) white bread
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Mince the garlic cloves as finely as possible, almost grinding to a paste.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the red pepper flakes.
- In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes with salt, pepper, and the butter mixture until fully coated.
- Spread the coated bread cubes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.