On our drive back from Jackson last night, these spicy garlic croutons popped into my head maaany many times. I could not have been more tired, which leads to snacking, which leads to imagining what I want to snack ON. These babies are top of the list right now!
I literally could not stop eating these before they were done. Seriously, I was reaching into the (HOT) oven to eat these croutons because they are THAT good. This is not a recommended practice. Especially if you’re a hand model. Burns may ensue. But really, how can you go wrong with bread, butter, salt, garlic, and spices? You can’t. Ever.
These are super simple to make: chop up some bread, melt butter and cook the garlic in it for a few minutes, drizzle it + spices over the bread, and bake. Then, enjoy!
I’ll follow up with a salad for you tomorrow, but I warn you: if you make these today, they won’t last long enough to make it onto a salad tomorrow. They’re just TOO delicious! I’m getting hungry right now just thinking about them… Ugh. I’ll just have to make some more! Lately I’m feeling like I could live off of these croutons and cheesy delicious crackers!Print
Spicy Garlic Croutons
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups bread cubes from stale (dry) white bread
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Mince the garlic cloves as finely as possible, almost grinding to a paste.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the red pepper flakes.
- In a large bowl, toss the bread cubes with salt, pepper, and the butter mixture until fully coated.
- Spread the coated bread cubes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.