This red curry features spring vegetables and bright red tomatoes – a flavorful, healthy, quick dinner that everybody will love.
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced lemongrass
- 3 Tbsp red curry paste
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 Thai red chili, minced (optional)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped to 2” segments
- 1 cup peas
- 2 handfuls broccoli rabe
- for serving: cilantro, lime, rice, naan
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, add the sesame oil, shallots, garlic, ginger, and lemongrass. Cook for 3-5 minutes, mixing with a wooden spatula.
- Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 3 more minutes. It’s okay if it darkens and sticks to the pot a bit.
- Add the Pacific Foods Organic Tomato Sauce and use your spatula to vigorously scrape off any bits of curry paste stuck to the pot. Bring to a simmer, and reduce the heat to medium-low, then add the fish sauce and Thai red chili.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes, to build flavor, before adding the coconut milk. Bring back to a simmer, add the vegetables, cover, and let cook for 5-7 minutes — until the rabe is softened enough to be eaten, but still has some crunch.
- Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with cilantro and lime, alongside rice and/or naan.