- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 10 stems asparagus
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 oz. shaved gruyere
- Cook your wild rice according to directions, and set aside to cool, stirring every once in a while.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spread the pecan halves evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 5-8 minutes, or until fragrant. Remove and let cool while you continue.
- Heat a grill pan to medium-high heat, and brush the asparagus stems lightly with olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper as you cook them for about 3 minutes on each side — don’t move them until you flip them if you want some black charred bits! Remove from the heat and, when cool enough to touch, slice into 1″ segments.
- Combine the lemon juice, honey, and 2 Tbsp olive oil. Whisk to combine, then pour over the cooled rice. Add in the pecan halves (breaking into smaller pieces as you go), sliced asparagus, and sliced strawberries. Toss well to coat everything.
- Top with cilantro and large peels of gruyere.
- Add salt as needed.