- 2/3 lb. skirt steak
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup halved/pitted cherries
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 limes
- 10 small tortillas
- 2 cups microgreens
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled cojita
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Rub both sides of the steak with the brown sugar, garlic, and salt & pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- While the steak is marinading, make the pico. Combine the cherries, diced tomatoes, diced onion, and the juice of one lime. Mix and set aside.
- When you’re ready to cook the steak, cook it to medium-doneness with whatever method you prefer. If you’re broiling, put it on a lined baking sheet and broil on the top rack of the oven for 4-5 minutes on each side. When you’re done cooking, let the steak rest for 10 minutes before cutting it into small pieces.
- To assemble the tacos, fill each tortilla with microgreens, steak, and cherry pico before topping with fresh cilantro, crumbled cojita cheese, sliced avocado, and more lime juice.