- 1 recipe pie crust, chilled
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tsp ground vanilla
- 1/8 cup packed mint leaves
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Roll out the dough on a piece of parchment paper to 1/8-1/4″ thickness.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar, cornstarch, ground vanilla, and mint leaves. Add the strawberries, mix well, and then pour into the middle of the prepared crust.
- Carefully fold the sides of the dough up over the berries, leaving the center exposed. Gently press seams together, if necessary.
- Brush the crust lightly with the cream.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the crust is golden and fruit is bubbling.
- Let cool fully before cutting.