- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup popcorn kernels
- finely ground salt
- 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- In a heavy pot over medium heat, heat the coconut oil with one kernel of popcorn.
- When the kernel pops, add the sugar and quickly whisk it into the oil, then add the remaining popcorn kernels.
- Shake and swirl the pot as the kernels cook and pop, to avoid burning the bottom layer.
- When all of the popcorn is popped, toss it with salt to taste, and the sweetened flaked coconut.