- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups medium raw shrimp: peeled and tails off
- 8 oz rice or bean thread noodles, cooked
- 4 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup sugar peas
- basil, mint, and cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. When hot, add the minced garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until fragrant, then add the tomato paste, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Stir well to fully combine, and bring to a simmer. Add as much water as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Add the shrimp, and cook until opaque. Remove from heat.
- Serve over rice or bean thread noodles with carrots and sugar peas, garnished with basil, mint, and cilantro.