- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 Tbsp ground turmeric
- 6 cups broccoli florets (and stems)
- 2 cups diced russet potatoes
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth*
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes before adding the garlic and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds before adding the broccoli and diced potatoes.
- Cook the vegetables for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add the broth.
- Bring the broth to a simmer, and cook with the lid on until all of the vegetables are fork tender (about 10 minutes).
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Add the lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.