This soup! Super easy. Super fast. Super healthy. Super flavorful! I threw this together a few weeks ago — I had a hankering for broccoli soup, but also wanted something relatively low on ingredients and high in healthy/tasty: enter, TURMERIC! I figured this week (post-Thanksgiving) might be a great time for this one!
Have a wonderful post-holiday week! xoxo
Turmeric Broccoli Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅔ cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 Tbsp ground turmeric
- 6 cups broccoli florets (and stems)
- 2 cups diced russet potatoes
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth*
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes before adding the garlic and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds before adding the broccoli and diced potatoes.
- Cook the vegetables for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add the broth.
- Bring the broth to a simmer, and cook with the lid on until all of the vegetables are fork tender (about 10 minutes).
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Add the lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Broccoli soup is one of my favorite dishes to have during the fall/winter. It’s one of my go to soups! This recipe looks yum!
Thanks, Diane!! xoxo
Thank you for the wonderful recipe! I just made this (yes, in June haha) and it was exactly what my wisdom tooth recovery needed 🙂
Two thumbs up!! I used lentils I had left-over and tasted great. I'm for sure going to try this next time with uncooked lentils while everything marinates together ??
Glad you liked it, Adela! Thanks for the note!