Vegan strawberry oat waffles are crispy, fluffy, easy to make, and oh-so-delicious! They use non-dairy oat beverage, fresh strawberries, and flax.
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Oat Non-Dairy Beverage
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- coconut yogurt
- maple syrup
- To prepare the batter, whisk together the flours, ground flax seeds, baking powder, and salt.
- Separately, whisk together the maple syrup, oat beverage, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and gently stir, using a spatula. Before it is totally combined, add the minced strawberries and fold into the batter. Do not over-mix!
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes. It will thicken considerably.
- Heat your waffle maker to medium or medium-high heat (or use it how you know best! waffle makers vary so much!), spray or brush with an oil of your choice, then cook the waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions.
- When you’re ready to serve, top with coconut yogurt, maple syrup, and oats.