This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods, a brand I’ve loved and used for many years! Thank you for supporting the brands that keep The Kitchen Paper up and running!
Hello from JAPAN!! Yep, we’re currently eating our way through Japan and absolutely loving it. Will I ever get sick of ramen? I don’t think so. Although tbh, there are so many different foods to eat here (yakitori, udon, soba, ramen, donburi, etc.) that we’ve only had ramen twice. NOT MAD ABOUT IT!
When we aren’t eating, we’ve been walking around gardens, temples, city streets, alleyways, cute shops, and just generally exploring. AND taking approximately ten bajillion pictures of cherry blossoms. They are SO GORGEOUS. It’s really hard to do them justice, but I am trying.
But let’s talk about these vegan strawberry oat waffles, shall we? I made these just a few days before we left for Japan, and was clearly inspired by cherry blossom season and had to put some pretty flowers on my waffles. Practical, right? Whatever — they’re pretty and I am all about the flowers these days! But more about the waffles: these are using Pacific Food’s Organic Oat Non-Dairy Beverage, which is really freaking tasty. I’m a huge fan of it for a creamy non-dairy option. You guys know that I’m not vegan, but for some reason I got it in my head that I really wanted to make vegan waffles (how hard can it be?!) — and I failed HARD the first time. I made floppy gross oat patties (which I served to guests, because OF COURSE I TRIED A NEW RECIPE WHEN GUESTS WERE COMING OVER. #FACEPALM). LUCKILY round 2 went way way way better, and resulted in these babies. They’re crisp! They’re flavorful! They’re gorgeous and EASY and, yes, still vegan!
Enjoy the rest of your week — and get these ingredients on your list for brunch this weekend! Berry season is pretty much here! I am so ready.Print
Vegan strawberry oat waffles are crispy, fluffy, easy to make, and oh-so-delicious! They use non-dairy oat beverage, fresh strawberries, and flax.
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Oat Non-Dairy Beverage
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- coconut yogurt
- maple syrup
- To prepare the batter, whisk together the flours, ground flax seeds, baking powder, and salt.
- Separately, whisk together the maple syrup, oat beverage, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and gently stir, using a spatula. Before it is totally combined, add the minced strawberries and fold into the batter. Do not over-mix!
- Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes. It will thicken considerably.
- Heat your waffle maker to medium or medium-high heat (or use it how you know best! waffle makers vary so much!), spray or brush with an oil of your choice, then cook the waffles according to your waffle maker’s instructions.
- When you’re ready to serve, top with coconut yogurt, maple syrup, and oats.