- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- Whisk together the egg and brown sugar, then add the melted butter and whisk to incorporate. Add the vanilla and buttermilk, mixing to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, taking care to not over mix.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add a small amount of butter or oil to the pan, if it isn't non-stick. Pour the batter in, 1/4 cup at a time, then top with blueberries, and cook until both sides are golden.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and extra blueberries.