- 2/3 cup raw chickpeas
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- salt & pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3-4 fresh ciabatta rolls
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- Soak the chickpeas in water for 2 hours, then drain.
- Shred the zucchini and toss with 1 tsp salt. Let sit for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the excess moisture. Set aside.
- Combine the soaked chickpeas, garlic, jalapeño, and cashews in a food processor. Pulse until everything is mostly smooth — not a complete paste, but smooth enough to hold together.
- Combine the chickpea mixture with the shredded zucchini, and mix together with a spoon, adding about 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper.
- Form into small patties and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 375F for 25 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes. The patties should be golden on the outside!
- To assemble the sandwich, slice and toast the ciabatta, spread one side with fresh avocado, add a few patties along with sliced tomato and fresh arugula. Enjoy!