Ummm you guys: please do me a favor and watch this video. Then PLEASE tell me you watched it ten million times (as I have) and audibly cracked up EVERY TIME. Anyone? Anyone? I seriously CANNOT STOP watching it! Why is it so darn funny!? Maybe it’s just me, but I’m been laughing (LOUDLY) out loud in my apartment all week — my neighbors must think I’m crazy. OH WELL! Oooh the joys of living alone! Ha!
This sandwich elicited a similar response — total addiction and recreation as long as the patties lasted! I couldn’t stop! It was SO PERFECT! Especially with a fresh ciabatta roll (not home made. No shame. Get your buns to Whole Foods and raid the salad bar for these!), smooshed avocado, fresh garden-grown heirloom tomato… it can’t get much better! So simple!
These patties are pretty simple: uncooked (but soaked) chickpeas, raw cashews, shredded zucchini, jalapeño, and a few other goodies. They bake up beautifully, retain moisture, are gluten-free and vegan: AND OH-SO-TASTY! I dig it.
Have a wonderful weekend!! See you all MONDAY! xoPrint
- 2/3 cup raw chickpeas
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- salt & pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3-4 fresh ciabatta rolls
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- Soak the chickpeas in water for 2 hours, then drain.
- Shred the zucchini and toss with 1 tsp salt. Let sit for 10 minutes, then squeeze out the excess moisture. Set aside.
- Combine the soaked chickpeas, garlic, jalapeño, and cashews in a food processor. Pulse until everything is mostly smooth — not a complete paste, but smooth enough to hold together.
- Combine the chickpea mixture with the shredded zucchini, and mix together with a spoon, adding about 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper.
- Form into small patties and bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet at 375F for 25 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes. The patties should be golden on the outside!
- To assemble the sandwich, slice and toast the ciabatta, spread one side with fresh avocado, add a few patties along with sliced tomato and fresh arugula. Enjoy!