A variation on the classic Hawaiian pizza with sweet, crispy onions.
- 1/2 recipe of Pizza Dough
- 1/4 lb thick cut bacon (about 5 slices), chopped into 1/2″ pieces
- 1/3 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 large basil leaves, sliced
- 3 cups shredded low-moisture mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 500 F. If you’re using a pizza stone, place it in the oven before heating the oven.
- Cook the bacon, and keep the grease in the pan. Cook the onions in the bacon grease until blackened and crispy.
- Roll or toss your dough into your desired shape, and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Spread 1 cup of cheese across the dough, then layer spinach, pineapple, bacon, onion, and basil. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. It’ll go quick!