- 1/2 recipe of pizza dough
- corn meal
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup chevre, in large crumbles
- 4 slices smoked salmon, torn into smaller pieces
- 1/4 zucchini, very thinly sliced
- 1/8 onion, very thinly sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 handful of arugula
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet the stovetop on high for 10 minutes. Turn it down a little bit if it starts to really smoke – but it should be VERY hot.
- Generously sprinkle a pizza peel (or back of a cookie sheet) with cornmeal. Toss the pizza dough into a circle roughly the same size as your skillet. Place on the cornmeal and make sure it can slide around easily.
- Spread the olive oil over the crust, then a thin sprinkle of salt, then add the basil, chevre, smoked salmon, zucchini, and onion. Make sure your vegetables are VERY thinly sliced, so they’ll actually cook.
- Turn on your broiler.
- When the skillet is very hot, quickly and carefully slide the pizza into the pan. Cook on the stovetop for 30 seconds, then (using an oven mitt!) move the pan into the oven, just under the broiler. Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the top is bubbly and blackening.
- Remove, add the tomatoes and arugula, and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the skillet and serving.