This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods, a brand I’ve loved and used for many years! Thank you for supporting the brands that keep The Kitchen Paper up and running!
This lemongrass chicken satay bowl is made up of grilled chicken, tons of veggies, rice cooked in Pacific Foods Organic Chicken with Lemongrass Bone Broth, peanut sauce, and ALL THE FLAVORS! I've been eating this for a few days now (yassss leftovers) in two forms: as the bowl (as pictured), and as a wrap (just add tortilla!). I'm into it!!
Let's do a (very) brief life update while we're here, ok?! Since the last time we talked (hi sorry it's been so long) I gave my two weeks at work, accepted a new job, started 3 weeks of funemployment, and have now lounged around being waaaaay less productive than planned for about a week and a half. More than halfway down with my funemployment and STILL SO MUCH MORE TO DO! I'm trying accept that it's okay to chill out between jobs, and that I don't need to always be productive (b/c I really am not being productive). Taking a break is okay! I think?
Anywho. Here's your recipe! I do have a few more up my sleeve coming in the next weeks — I promise!! xo
Lemongrass Chicken Satay Bowl
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This lemongrass chicken satay bowl has rice cooked in lemongrass chicken broth, a lot of veggies, herbs, and peanut sauce. It's a fresh, healthy meal that comes together with minimal effort!
For the marinade
- 3 Tbsp coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp lemongrass, finely chopped
For the bowl
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup rice (I used brown)
- 2 cups Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth — Chicken with Lemongrass
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- ½ cup thinly sliced radishes (I used watermelon)
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup peanut sauce
- Prepare the marinade by combining all of the marinade ingredients. Set aside.
- Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into thin (less than 1" thick) strips. Put in a ziplock bag and then pour in the marinade. With your hands, work the marinade around all of the chicken, then remove all of the air, seal, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- While the chicken is marinading, prep all of the veggies (cut them up!) and make the peanut sauce.
- Rinse the rice with water, then cook in the Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth — Chicken with Lemongrass.
- When you're ready to cook the chicken, weave a skewer through each strip of chicken, then grill until cooked all the way through.
- To assemble the bowls, combine your preferred proportion of each: rice, mixed greens, chicken, sliced vegetables, and peanut sauce.
- Mix together, using the peanut sauce as a dressing, and enjoy!
Keywords: chicken satay bowl, lemongrass chicken satay bowl
Leave a Reply