Hi hi hi hi hi hi! Happy Monday! Today I’m bringing you this super easy, short-ingredient list, get ‘er done quickly kale red pepper chicken recipe. Plus garlic and white wine and onions and all things recommended for a super tasty chicken dish. Remember the paprika chicken recipe? Think of this as that 2.0 — more veg, less paprika (but still some… shh), less butter, but all the greatest hits.
Last friday was the last day of my internship — aka the fastest five weeks everrrrr. Seriously, it flew by. How?! HOW?!? It’s been a great experience, and if anyone ever wants to talk about code school… lemme know. I’m happy to give you my thoughts and feelings and opinions (you know I have many!) and recommendations.
At this point, despite loving my internship, I’m really excited to take a week off. I haven’t really had one since December, and I’m ready to give myself permission to really RELAX. I lounged in bed most of the day Saturday (catching up on TV, obvi), and Marc and I are going to head out into the woods for most of this week and really unplug. If I’m MIA for a bit: that’s why. I’ll be back! If not: come looking. Bring cheese.
Then: who knows! I’ll keep you guys posted on the job hunt process as much as I can!
As for this chicken: it’s really pretty simple! Start some chicken cooking, prep your veggies, add some wine and garlic, add the veg, and then you’re pretty much done! EASY. Tasty. Colorful!
Have a wonderful week! xo
- 3 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into long strips
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- ½ white or yellow onion, sliced into thin strips
- 4 cups torn kale
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Generously rub each side of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and paprika. When the pan it hot, add the chicken, turn the heat down to medium and do not move at all for at least 5-7 minutes.
- After 5-7 minutes, flip the chicken over and add the red pepper flakes and white wine. Cook another five minutes before adding the bell peppers, garlic, and onion. Stir gently around the chicken as the vegetables cook. After about 7 more minutes, when the chicken is nearly done, add the kale and gently cook it for 2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Season the vegetables with a bit more salt and pepper, and serve warm along with a grain of your choice.