This is the kind of food I consider to be, besides delicious, totally appropriate to eat in mass quantities. Sure, it has bacon and cheese. Those two might be considered bad for your health, depending on who you ask. Ok probably with anyone you ask. BUT: Quinoa and avocado? Come on - you can't tout those as unhealthy. With those facts in mind, this salad (it is a SALAD after all, right?) has been deemed healthy in my household. Healthy enough to eat out of the serving bowl all afternoon long.
I didn't just admit to that, did I?
This is the kind of thing you make when you're pretending to be healthy. I mean, it has a lot of protein! It has good fats! It also has some seriously delicious flavors - so you really can't go wrong. It's good hot. It's good cold. It's really just plain GOOD.
A simple, delicious, and filling salad that works for any meal.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 8 strips thick cut bacon
- 2 avocados, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt + pepper
- Cook the quinoa in 2 cups of water for 15 minutes, or until done. Fluff with a fork and allow to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooling off, cook the bacon until crisp. Cut into ¼" squares.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.