I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I have been bouncing from Montana to St. Louis to Colorado, keeping myself busy! This week is a bit light on the posting – I’m traveling around and enjoying myself for the holidays! Sorry for not planning ahead more for you guys, but I’ll be back in full swing by the end of next week. Hopefully. I’ll have some good stuff coming up!
If you need something easy for New Years, here you go! Everyone loves bacon wrapped dates, and goat cheese stuffed dates – why not combine the two? I cooked up some bacon, diced it, mixed it in with the goat cheese, and stuffed all of it into delicious dates! Yum. Enjoy.Print
Creamy, tangy goat cheese and rich bacon, heaven.
- 30 dates, medjools work well
- 2 oz chèvre (soft goat cheese)
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 strips of bacon
- Cook the bacon until cripsy. Cool and dice very small. Set aside 1 tablespoon for finishing garnish.
- Cut along the top of each date, creating a U shaped date.
- Mix chèvre, cream, and diced bacon together until smooth.
- Using a spoon (or other utensil of your choice), stuff each date with goat cheese mixture. Top with a line of goat cheese and extra crumbled bacon.