This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods, a brand I’ve loved and used for many years! Thank you for supporting the brands that keep The Kitchen Paper up and running!
Soup is something that, until a few years ago, I thought had to be really complicated. I'm not sure why/where I learned that, but I've most definitely moved away from that belief and am now 100% a fan of soups that are not complicated. You don't need 6 hours and a long ingredient list to have delicious soup. Last night I made a soup that took 20 minutes, had 5 ingredients, and was amazing. Also, that turmeric broccoli soup? SO so easy, and so so tasty. So, here's another: Dill roasted cauliflower soup.
Roasting vegetables is one of my favorite ways to speed up the soup making process (debatably — I know roasting takes time, but it's so passive!), while adding a depth of flavor you just don't get from cooking on the stove. This recipe starts with roasted cauliflower — smothered in dill — and is relatively simple from there on. I opted for leeks instead of onions, garlic, celery seed powder, Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth (as usual!), white beans for some body, and lemon for a little tangy lift. It's easy, quick, and DELICIOUS with a loaf of crusty bread. OH so good!!
Need a little inspiration? Here's a quick video of making this soup — it seriously is this easy!! Get on it!!
I hope you're all having a wonderful week! I know mine has been filled with as much warm soup as possible — it's been COLD here in Portland! xoxo
Dill Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
This vegan soup is hearty, healthy, delicious, and easy to make! With the help of beans, cauliflower, and delicious broth, this soup is a winter favorite.
- 6 cups roughly-chopped cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1 cup chopped leek
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- ½ tsp celery seed powder
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth
- 14oz cooked white beans
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Heat the oven to 400F. Toss the cauliflower with 1 tablespoon olive oil and half of the fresh dill. Roast for 20-30 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- In a stock pot, heat the remaining olive oil over medium head. Add the leek and sauté for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and celery seed powder.
- Cook for 30 seconds before adding the cauliflower, remaining dill, and broth.
- Bring to a simmer, add the beans, bring to a simmer again.
- Blend with an immersion blender, add lemon, salt & pepper to taste, and mix together.
- Serve hot with fresh bread!
Leave a Reply