You guys, I’ve been distracted. Besides being gone all weekend for my first real cyclocross race (check out Derek’s instagram for embarrassing videos of my looking like a total goon), I’ve been working on something big.
A COOKBOOK! Woohooo!
I haven’t mentioned it here because, well, then I’d have to actually complete it. But now that I actually HAVE completed it (well, not exactly), I feel it’s nearly certain it will actually see the light of day. I spent last week focusing 100% on finishing the cooking and photography for the book, and this week I’m into the formatting, writing, editing, etc. Hopefully this will all go seamlessly.
I’m guessing many of you are thinking “OMG WHAT KIND OF COOKBOOK?!?!” Amiright? Well, hold your horses. I’ll make a real announcement later this week, or early next, when I have a better idea on the timeline here. It’ll likely still be a few weeks before you can order your own copy, but I’ll make sure to let you know when, where, and how to get one! For now, I’m stretching my graphic design skills to the LIMIT.
Derek has been incredibly understanding about my 100% focus on the book, and therefore lack of focus on pretty much anything else. Dinners have suffered. The kitchen looks ATROCIOUS. Laundry is piled a mile high (that’s his job anyways though…). This pizza, however, is easy enough that I’m going to make it again tonight! Something about a simple, margherita pizza just hits the spot every time.
Easy Margherita Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Shape your dough as you want on a parchment-lined baking sheet (or pizza peel if using a pizza stone).
- Tear half o the basil leaves into small pieces and sprinkle over the dough before spreading the sauce over the leaves.
- Top the sauce with the sliced tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle the remaining basil leaves on top.