This post is sponsored by Dave’s Killer Bread — a brand I’ve loved and used personally for years! Thank you for supporting the brands that keep The Kitchen Paper running!
Pumpkin season is undoubtedly here. I may not switch up my coffee routine (I’m a splash of cream kind of girl), I am all about pumpkin in my carbs. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake, pumpkin muffins, PUMPKIN BAGELS YES PLEASE. Dave’s Killer Bread brought us just such a bagel this fall with their Pumpkin Spice Madness bagels. While I’ll be honest and say I’ve eaten my weight in these bagels slathered in butter and/or cream cheese, I’ve LOVED using them for sandwich bread. Sweet, protein-full, whole-grain bagels + savory fall sandwich fillings = a very happy lunch.
This is the kind of fall sandwich you can prep on Sunday, and them assemble throughout the week for lunch. I included big hunks of roasted delicata squash (MY FAVORITE), made some whipped rosemary goat cheese, caramelized onions, roasted zucchini (I know, not really a fall veg but there are still so many!!), and topped it all off with a healthy dose of microgreens. I also threw in a layer of bacon, because … this needs no explanation. Feel free to leave it out if you’re vegetarian, though! This sandwich is nothing if not incredibly satisfying and full of nutrients at the same time. Just how we like it!
As for the bagels: they’re the only organic pumpkin spice bagel out there right now! They have no artificial ick, they’re verified non-GMO, vegan, super soft and full of tasty pumpkin spice. Needless to say, they’ve made breakfast and lunch really easy at our house this October.
Who else loves a good fall sandwich? What are your go-to fillings? I’m excited to keep making sandwiches on these tasty bagels, so am all ears for more ideas!
This sandwich uses pumpkin spice bagels to house a myriad of fall vegetables, plus rosemary goat cheese and bacon! It’s filling, full of protein, fiber, vegetables, and very very tasty.
- 1 delicata squash
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 3 zucchini
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4oz fresh chevre
- 2 cups microgreens
- 4 Dave’s Killer Bread Pumpkin Spice Madness Bagels
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice the delicata squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds, coat lightly with olive oil, salt, & pepper, and roast on a baking sheet for 25-35 minutes, or until fork-tender. When done, cut into chunks as wide as the bagels.
- At the same time, cut the zucchini into thin strips, coat lightly with olive oil, salt, & pepper, and roast on a baking sheet for 15-25 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- While the squash are cooking, prepare the other components. If you need to cook your bacon or caramelize your onions, do so.
- Mix together the rosemary and chevre. I used a food processor to achieve a super creamy texture — you could just use a fork if you want.
- When the squash are cooked, assemble your sandwiches. Between two halves of Dave’s Killer Bread Pumpkin Spice Madness Bagels layer a generous slather of rosemary chevre, bacon, delicata, zucchini, and a handful of microgreens.
- Eat immediately.