This dish might be the most perfect summer dish e.v.e.r. I've been making it all summer for potlucks, picnics, snacks, easy lunches — it's a dish for all occasions! Mostly I'm just 100% addicted to burrata and watermelon both individually and collectively.
I know it's Labor Day and the internet is basically in fall-land now (HELLO PSL, I see you crying for attention!), but let's be real: it's still summer. At least the weather thinks so! Our garden is going gangbusters and as far as I'm concerned: summer is here for a bit longer. So, if you need a summer recipe (maybe for a bbq later this afternoon?) — HERE YOU GO.
This recipe couldn't be easier: chop up watermelon, squeeze in some lemon juice, sprinkle with big flakey salt and crushed red pepper flakes, then add a whole lotta burrata (does that rhyme? I'm really trying to make it rhyme and am def not convinced). THAT'S IT. Oh wait and basil! BASIL! Don't forget the basil. Sometimes I don't even chop it up because I'M LAZY.
Have a wonderful Labor Day, and final few weeks of summer... hopefully we start getting some cool weather!! xoPrint
This summery salad is cool, creamy burrata combined with sweet juicy watermelon — all tied together with some spice, tang, and basil!
- ½ watermelon, cubed
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- ½ tsp large flakey sea salt
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- Chop the watermelon into cubes, then squeeze the lemon juice over top.
- Add the chopped basil, sea salt, and red pepper flakes. Gently stir to combine.
- Break the burrata up into small pieces and arrange on top (I find mixing isn't a great idea).