This dish might be the most perfect summer dish e.v.e.r. I've been making it all summer for potlucks, picnics, snacks, easy lunches — it's a dish for all occasions! Mostly I'm just 100% addicted to burrata and watermelon both individually and collectively.
I know it's Labor Day and the internet is basically in fall-land now (HELLO PSL, I see you crying for attention!), but let's be real: it's still summer. At least the weather thinks so! Our garden is going gangbusters and as far as I'm concerned: summer is here for a bit longer. So, if you need a summer recipe (maybe for a bbq later this afternoon?) — HERE YOU GO.
This recipe couldn't be easier: chop up watermelon, squeeze in some lemon juice, sprinkle with big flakey salt and crushed red pepper flakes, then add a whole lotta burrata (does that rhyme? I'm really trying to make it rhyme and am def not convinced). THAT'S IT. Oh wait and basil! BASIL! Don't forget the basil. Sometimes I don't even chop it up because I'M LAZY.
Have a wonderful Labor Day, and final few weeks of summer... hopefully we start getting some cool weather!! xoPrint
Watermelon Burrata Salad
This summery salad is cool, creamy burrata combined with sweet juicy watermelon — all tied together with some spice, tang, and basil!
- ½ watermelon, cubed
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- ½ tsp large flakey sea salt
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- Chop the watermelon into cubes, then squeeze the lemon juice over top.
- Add the chopped basil, sea salt, and red pepper flakes. Gently stir to combine.
- Break the burrata up into small pieces and arrange on top (I find mixing isn't a great idea).
Leave a Reply