This post is sponsored by Crunchmaster. Thank you for supporting the brands who keep The Kitchen Paper running!
Oooh boy! Slow cooker chipotle pork chili! What’s not to like about this? It’s made in a slow cooker (win). It’s full of tasty chipotle smokiness (win). There’s a bunch of veg (win). It takes minimal effort (win). It’s topped with tasty stuff including crunch crunchy Crunchmaster crackers! Again with the crunch — such an important component in my meals!
This is my third and final post with Crunchmaster, so lets touch base again on how I’m doing at becoming a balancemaster. I’d give myself a B-, if we’re being honest. I’ve done a great job of not feeling pressured into social things, taking time to be at home, chill out, etc. but I’ve also kind of just replaced one busy with another: house projects. We’ve been here for just over 3 weeks now, and it feels like I’ll have things to do (to the house) for the next 30 years! I’m sure that’s true, but I also recognize that there is nothing that needs to be done right now. I can live with the ugly paint color (but really, can I? Woooof.). I’ll be fine without the perfect light fixture. I’m just kind of impatient, so maybe that’s the next part of mastering balance — being a bit more patient!
One thing I am mastering today is GOING TO JAPAN! We leave tonight and I’m so, so so so excited to be taking a fun international vacation. It’s been a while since I’ve taken a vacation, and an even longer while since I’ve been out of the country! We’re so excited. Make sure you follow along via instagram!
I’ll have a few food posts come out while we’re gone, and may do a travel post on Japan when we get back. Would anyone be interested in that? It’s also been a long while since I’ve done a travel post! If you’ve been to Japan, let me know in the comments what we MUST do!
Slow Cooker Chipotle Pork Chili is full of smokey flavor, with soft melt-in-your-mouth pork, and a healthy serving of vegetables. This meal comes together with minimal effort, thanks to the slow cooker!
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 gloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 (15oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 package Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Crackers (I used White Cheddar)
- Combine all ingredients up until corn together in a crockpot. Stir to combine.
- Cover and let cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the pork from the crock pot and shred with two forks. Return the meet to the crock pot and add the corn. Let cook for 15-30 more minutes, then season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve warm, topped with shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, and crumbled Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Crackers.