Uuuh I did it again. Weirdo crazy-lady WTF (well that’s fantastic) rice krispie treats. These are spicy! Kinda. And dipped in chocolate! Halfway. And just as marshmallowy and delish as usual. You might be asking: are they good? Uhhhh DUH: yeah, they’re good. The sweetness of the marshmallow and chocolate offsets the spicy sriracha that comes through at the end — totally new flavor experience for me, and semi-addicting! (kinda like those nori rice krispie treats I made last fall…)
On instagram the other day, I eluded to the fact that I’m migrating my site to a new host. I’m still in the process (which is now approaching 3 weeks, which is about 3 weeks longer than it SHOULD take … haaaalp), which is why I’ve been holding out on posting — I have to post in TWO places right now if I add new content. But, I couldn’t hold out any more! I had to share these! TWO POSTS BE DAMNED! You guys are worth it. Also, if you can repay me by sending good hosting vibes my way, it’d be much appreciated. How is that someone who is currently IN CODING SCHOOL (and made a functioning weather app yesterday! #nerd) can’t make a smooth host transition?! Not my forte. Not at all.
I’m still riding my bike through the rain to get downtown everyday — which has been crazy lately, given all the rain. Let me tell you: riding 15-20 minutes in the pouring rain will wake you up! Everything else is pretty much same same over here — climbing, trying to keep up yoga-ing, coding, and sleeping. Sleep has been the one thing I absolutely refuse to compromise on during school, which means I’m pretty antisocial, and usually pretty well-rested! Totally worth it. Highly recommended.
Hopefully I’ll get this host transfer thing sorted this week and can post REGULARLY for you guys (with a much faster site!) soon! I’ll keep you updated! Enjoy these spicy (they’re not THAT spicy, but you can definitely taste it!) rice krispie treats!
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 (10 oz.) package of marshmallows (about 4 cups)
- 1½ Tbsp Sriracha (or other spicy spicy hot sauce)
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal (like rice krispies)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare an 8x8" pan with butter and wax paper.
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are completely melted, then stir in the sriracha and turn off the heat.
- Add the cereal and mix everything together.
- When everything is mixed together, firmly press it into your prepared pan using a buttered spatula.
- Let the bars cool for at least an hour (or 30 minutes in the fridge/freezer).
- When the bars are cool and firm, remove from the pan and cut into small pieces. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (30 seconds at first, then 15 seconds at a time stirring between rounds until melted), and dip the rice krispie treats so that they're halfway covered with chocolate.
- Lay the dipped bars on a cooling rack, and let dry. Enjoy ASAP, and store in an airtight container.