Have you ever had that green goop cheap restaurants pass off as guacamole? It really is a sorry excuse for a dip – especially considering that making real guacamole is not only easy, but WELL worth the effort! I made this the other day for lunch, and really had to pry myself away from the bowl before I ate the equivalent of six avocados in one sitting. Sigh. I successfully put down the chips and waited until morning before spreading a healthy serving of guacamole on my eggs and toast – highly recommended.
This is ridiculously easy. Chop some garlic, onions, cilantro, and tomatoes. Toss it all in with a bunch of avocado, squeeze in some lime, add a dash of salt – and voila! Add some jalapeño if you like is spicy! You now have a bowl of deliciousness ready for consumption. I wish avocados were always on sale… I’d do this every day.
A classic guacamole recipe, this has the creamy, tangy flavors you expect with a spicy kick from the jalapeno.
- 6 ripe avocados
- 2 small tomatoes (I used plum), diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes
- salt and pepper
- 1 jalapeño, diced (optional)
- Scrape all the avocados into a medium bowl.
- Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeño if you choose to use it.
- Squeeze the juice from both limes into the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly, add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!