Everybody needs a buddy. A running buddy, biking buddy, shopping buddy, chatting buddy, crying buddy, travel buddy, laughing buddy. Your "go to" person, for each specific activity. You know you two work well together. You know they'll support you when you need it. You know they won't let you down. I know I'm grateful to have people that fit into each of those categories, or span them all!
Yesterday, I could have totally used a baking buddy. It was a tough day for baking. I started by making, what should have been, the PERFECT blueberry muffin. Then I took a bite and realized I forgot the sugar. UGH. Fail. Then I made a delicious pie, but the crust was off and it looks terrible. Tastes great, but not pretty enough for sharing with you folks! Two fails in one day is disheartening. That's when you go to something reliable, that won't let you down. Which is why we had this for dinner last night. Not to mention the fact that Memorial Day certainly welcomed in a new season, WINTER, up here in Bozeman.
This recipe is my frosting buddy: the one I go back to every time because I know it by heart, it's pretty much impossible to mess up, and never lets me down. Everybody needs a frosting buddy!Print
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup whole milk
- With a stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the sifted cocoa powder and beat again until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, and then two cups of the sifted powdered sugar.
- Beat for a few minutes, gradually adding the milk and remaining powdered sugar as needed: if it is too stiff, add more milk. If it is too runny, add more powdered sugar.
- Use immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container.