Alright party people: get out the stretchy pants! FEAST IS COMING! Like, next week. SO SOON!
Feast Portland is a food and drink festival that is, in true Portland style, outstanding. I've never seen so much enthusiasm from the food community for one specific event! The long weekend is filled with curated dinners from groundbreaking chefs, hands-on classes, smorgasbords, competitions, panels — pretty much everything food related you could ever want. On top of all of that, FEAST has a noble purpose: ending childhood hunger. The net festival proceeds are donated to No Kid Hungry and Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon, and have resulted in more than $162,000 over the last three years! Heck yeah! That's a festival I can get behind.
I'll go into a few more details next week, but for now here's what you need to know: GET YOUR TICKETS NOW! Unfortunately (um, for you), most of the events are sold out. Sorrrrry! Good news: there are some events that still have space! Here they are:
- SANDWICH INVITATIONAL. I hear this is a killer event!! I'm not going, so you should go for me!
- BON APPÉTIT SHAKEN, STIRRED AND BUZZED: WHY WE REALLY LIKE BOOZE. Plus you get a year subscription to Bon Appétit!
- FRIDAY OREGON BOUNTY GRAND TASTING PRESENTED BY ALASKA AIRLINES. Heck yeah! I'll be there!
- I'M IN A CULT. Like fancy beers? This is for you!
- MARGARITA'S MOMENT. Uh, duh. Get on it!
- SATURDAY OREGON BOUNTY GRAND TASTING PRESENTED BY ALASKA AIRLINES. More goodies! I can't wait!
- FARM TO COCKTAIL SHAKER: CREATING YOUR OWN COCKTAIL INGREDIENTS WITH THE COMMISSARY. Hands on class — don't miss it!
- OLD MACDONALD HAD A BREWERY. This looks super interesting!
- A-GAME COFFEE WITH LIAM KENNA. Again, hands on! HANDS ON COFFEE!!
- BEER BITES WITH CHRISTIAN DEBENEDETTI AND ANDREA SLONECKER.
That's it! Some of those are *really* close to selling out, so if you're interested... don't dilly dally. You can check out the full schedule here!
Do you already have tickets? Tell me what events you're going to — I'd love to meet up! I'll be back next week to let you guys know my schedule/whereabouts ... and then you'll be able to stalk me via instagram and twitter during the event! I CAN'T WAIT!!