This post is sponsored by La Terra Fina. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep The Kitchen Paper alive!
This recipe literally includes two ingredients. TWO. Eggs + La Terra Fina Green Chile & Cheese Dip & Spread. Does it get any easier than this? Game day snacks just got waaaaay easier. WAY easier! These take just a few minutes of active time, and taste so darn good with minimal effort.
Can you believe how fast January is going? I’m not really a superbowl person, BUT it happens to fall on my (THIRTIETH) birthday this year, so I’m acutely aware of Superbowl Sunday right now! Coming in hot! Are you all watching the game? I’m probably not… I have a ladies soup swap in the morning, and then plan to eat donuts and go do something fun and active. And probably have a tasty tasty bday dinner! All very tbd.
Have you made deviled eggs before? I honestly had not, but loved making these. They were so easy! The hardest part is peeling the eggs. There seem to be so many tricks out there for making them peel easily, but none of them seem to work for me! What are your tricks!? I have seen a video of someone just picking off two spots — one on the top, one of the bottom — then BLOWING THE EGG OUT in one fell swoop. I figured I’d give that a go, and while it certainly did not blow the egg out of the shell, it did loosen the shell enough to peel quickly and easily. And get eggshells all over my lips. Ha!
Making the filling was so easy — I just scooped out the yolks, and threw them in the food processor with the green chile & cheese dip. A few long pulses later, I had a creamy spicy filling ready to go! You could pulse longer, if you want it really creamy — I opted to keep a few chunks in tact. I then spooned it all into a pastry bag, piped it into the eggs, garnished with some cilantro, and was DONE! How’s that for an easy game-day snack?
Have a wonderful rest of your week!! xoPrint
This two-ingredient game day snack is easy and spicy, thanks to green chile & cheese dip used to make the filling.
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup La Terra Fina Green Chile & Cheese Dip & Spread
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Cover the eggs with 1″ of cold water in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then cover, remove from heat, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, drain, and transfer the eggs to an ice bath for at least 3 minutes.
- Peel the eggs, cut in half length-wise, then carefully scoop out the yolks and set aside.
- Combine the yolks and the La Terra Fina Green Chile & Cheese Dip & Spread in your food processor.* Pulse until combine and semi-smooth.
- Either use a spoon, or transfer to a pastry bag, and divide the filling among the empty wells in the eggs.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
*You can do this by hand with a fork, if you want, but it will remain a bit chunkier.