Hey Teeeews-daaaeeee! Yeah we're being weird this morning. NBD. Portland got hot again! I've somehow planned to bake things ONLY on the hottest days of this summer — clearly planning my life *very* well these days. Oh well! Mostly I'm just soaking up as much summer as I can and enjoying the weather while it lasts! I keep thinking "OMG summer is almost over!" since it's mid-August, but in reality... this awesome weather still has quite a bit of time left. LIVE IT UP! Also, eat all the things. Here we go!
Here's what I found on the interwebs this week that made me drool!
- Blueberry creme fraiche cheesecake! Heck yeah for summer!
- Everything bagel breakfast waffles!? OMG! Seriously YES!
- Vietnamese iced coffee ice cream — absolutely the best!
- Superfood taco bowls! That's my jam!
- OMG DOWNLOADABLE PHONE WALLPAPERS! I'm rocking the googly eye doughnuts!
- Blackberry cornmeal muffins sound PERFECT for brunch this weekend!
- Takeout-style sesame noodles with cucumber. YES Deb! Yes!
- Salted watermelon margarita popsicles look SO REFRESHING!
- Cherry french toast bake. !!! All the cherries!!!
- More ridiculously delicious savory waffles: cheddar cornbread waffles with fried eggs and queso.
- Bev made us tasty calzones!! Thanks, Bev!
- SEARED HALLOUMI, CARAMELIZED PEACH, AND CHERRY SALAD!? Yeah, all caps fo sho.
- Pickled dates stuffed with honey-chive goats cheese. Whoa. WHOA. YEAH!
- Vietnamese Curry Chicken and Rice Noodle Salad Bowl! Oh heck yes — perfect!
- Baked black bean taquitos! You know my feelings on hot beans! (ALL GOOD!)
- Mixed berry peach galette. #summer
- Chai caramel ice box cake. Um, again: #SUMMER!
- Blueberry breakfast cake. This has been calling my name ALL WEEK!
- Watermelon lime mocktail. YUM! I'm in!
- Salted Caramel Coconut Panna Cotta. So beautiful (and YUM!)!
- Lavender lemon ice. What a beautiful (healthY!) dessert!
- Have you ever made your own deodorant? I'm tempted!
- Mixed Berry Coconut Cornbread Muffins. All these berry/cornmeal muffins sound so good!
- Small-batch caramel sauce. Single lady sauce! I dig it!
- Fresh berry tart with lemon curd. As far as I'm concerned, this is the PERFECT summer dessert!
- Shrimp and avocado taco salad. Love that combo!
- Brown butter triple chocolate blondies. WHAT?! YES!
- The styling for this cake is GORGEOUS! Love it!
- Blueberry crumb muffins. You know I'll never turn down a crumbly berry muffin!
- Seared salmon with chipotle honey lime butter. So much YES!
Did you find anything awesome this week? Please share it with us in the comments below!
Re homemade deodorant: I've been making my own for I think three years now, and it's great! Super easy to make and works well. My recipe is here.
Awesome! You've convinced me!