THIS is what I was preparing you for on Monday with that spicy cilantro almond pesto! I whipped that up specifically for the purpose of devouring it in these rolls. YES.
I know I’ve professed my love of spring rolls before (probably with these thai peanut shrimp bowls!), but this has gone to an entirely new level. Usually I do something along these lines, but with avocado and shrimp, etc. Grilled peaches? Game over. SO GOOD. I’m also a sucker for anything blackened, so those little black grill lines on the peaches were my favorite! Can’t/won’t stop.
The great thing about these spring rolls, and any spring rolls for that matter, is that you can do whatever the heck you want. Want to add avocado? Do it! Want to add mint or cilantro? GO! Want to drizzle some peanut sauce in there? I will not stop you! Now I’m hungry. That sounds delicious!
I’m pretty sure we’ll be eating these regularly for the rest of the summer. They’re just so darn tasty, and easy to throw together! And tasty. Really tasty. Did I mention tasty? SO tasty.
- 3 peaches, sliced into 1/2” wedges
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- 1 recipe spicy cilantro almond pesto
- 1 1/2 cups chopped purple cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 1 cup cooked bean threads
- Sweet Chili sauce for dipping
- On the grill or a grill pan, cook the peaches until charred on each side. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Working one roll to completion at a time, dip a wrapper into a shallow dish filled with very warm water. Gentle shake until it softens up (but don’t leave too much longer!).
- Remove and place on a wet dishtowel to work. Spread a thin line of the pesto across one side of the wrapper, then top with cabbage, carrots, basil, bean threads, and two sections of peach.
- Fold the end up over the filling, then the sides in, then roll across to seal. Repeat until all of the wrappers are filled!
- Serve with a sauce of your choice – sweet chili and peanut are my favorites!